Canon XA11 Compact Full HD Camcorder with HDMI
- Ex Tax: £1,095.00
- Native 1920 x 1080, 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
- 20x HD Zoom Lens
- Canon Digic DV 4 Image Processor
- Dynamic Image Stabilization
- 3" OLED Touch Panel View Screen
- Manual Camera Controls
- 2 x XLR with Manual/Auto Audio Levels
- HDMI and Composite Output
- 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Media Card Slots
- Canon Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Sensor
- The XA11 features a 1/2.84" HD CMOS Pro sensor with 2.91MP. The large size of the individual pixels enable a minimum subject illumination of 1.0 lux for shooting in low-light conditions.
- 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- The Canon 20x HD zoom lens provides a zoom range with a 35mm equivalent of 26.8 to 576mm, and features an improved circular iris design providing a more natural look with out-of-focus areas that are smoother and more appealing. Zoom speed can be set to variable, constant (with 16 levels), fast, normal, or slow.
- Digic DV 4 Image Processor
- The DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor works in concert with the sensor to provide images with low noise and rich color depth. The processing power of the Digic DV 4 enables the simultaneous encoding of video to different codecs and bit rates for recording to two separate SD cards at the same time.
- Auto Focus
- Canon Auto Focus (AF) features include natural-looking medium speed, instant, and face detection AF, which can significantly reduce the effort required when shooters need to keep a particular face in focus in a jostling crowd or similar situation.
- Advanced Displays
- Zebra bars selectable between 70 and 100% are available to help you judge exposure.
- The XA11 features peaking and 2x image magnification as focus aids.
- The camera can display and record color bars or color bars with reference tone. The color bars comply with the SMPTE standards. Reference tone levels can be set at -12, -18, or -20 dB.
- 3" OLED Touch Panel View Screen and EVF
- The 3", 460,000-dot touch panel view screen enables rapidly moving through and selecting menu settings. The color EVF is 0.24" with 1,560,000 dots of resolution, and tilts up to 45° to accommodate different shooting positions.
- Manual Camera Control
- The XA11 features selectable manual/automatic control on the camera functions, allowing you to choose the best settings for the situation. Functions include: Exposure, Shutter Speed, Iris, Gain, Exposure Lock, AGC Limit.
- White Balance features six presets (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent H, and Fluorescent), as well as two manual white balance settings. Additionally, when specific adjustment of the color temperature is desired, the color temperature may be adjusted in 100K increments from 2000 to 15,000K.
- The camera's body features five user assignable buttons so you can customize the camera to access features without having to enter the menu system.
- The XA11 features an integrated microphone, and the detachable handle houses two XLR Line/Mic level inputs with +48V phantom power for connecting external mics. The detachable handle also houses the manual audio level controls. A built-in 3.5mm headphone jack with 16 volume settings provides for accurate audio monitoring.
- The XA11 features an AV mini terminal for composite video (and audio) via a four-pole 3.5mm mini-jack, as well as a mini-HDMI port, which delivers video and audio, allowing you the option of superimposing timecode over your video.
- Media Card Slots
Two SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots are built into the camera, allowing for varied recording options:
- Dual Recording: Allows you to simultaneously record the same footage to different media cards using different codecs and bit rates.
- Double-Slot Recording: Allows you to record simultaneously to each of the two SD memory card slots, providing an instant backup for your footage.
- Relay Recording: The XA11 automatically switches video recording from one memory card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
Infrared Shooting Mode
- Engaging the Infrared (IR) shooting mode moves the IR Cut filter out of the optical path for shooting in extreme low-light conditions. An IR emitter built into the detachable top handle provides an IR source, and the built-in IR diffuser helps prevent IR hot spots on the subject. In IR mode, you can select from the traditional green-hued IR image or the default setting, which produces a black and white image.
- Wired Connectivity
- USB: An integrated Hi-Speed USB (mini-B) port allows you to download footage from the memory cards. This port is for output only.
- Remote Control Port: The camera features a built-in 2.5mm stereo mini-jack for LANC control.
- Detachable Top Handle
- The detachable top handle contains the audio controls and external XLR audio inputs, as well as a tally light, the infrared emitter, and an accessory shoe. You can remove the top handle from the camera to create an even smaller shooting package.
|Image Sensor||1-Chip 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor|
|Sensor Resolution||2208 x 1398 (3.09 MP)|
|Effective Sensor Resolution||2136 x 1362 (2.91 MP)|
|Gain||0 to 24 dB|
|Minimum Illumination||1 lux|
|White Balance Range||2000 to 15,000K|
|Focal Length||3.6 to 73.4mm|
|35mm Equivalent Focal Length||28.8 to 576mm|
|Optical Zoom Ratio||20x|
|Max Digital Zoom||400x|
|Filter Size||58 mm|
|Shutter Speed||1/6 to 1/2000 sec|
|Scan Rate Adjustable||No|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Recording Media||2 x SDXC Card Slots (U1 / Class 10 or faster cards recommended)|
|Broadcast System Compatibility||PAL|
|Recording Modes||AVCHD 4:2:0 8-Bit: |
1920 x 1080p at 50 fps (28 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080PsF at 25 fps (17 to 24 Mb/s)
1920 x 1080i at 50 fps (17 to 24 Mb/s)
1440 x 1080PsF at 25 fps (5 Mb/s)
1440 x 1080i at 50 fps (5 Mb/s)
MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit:
1920 x 1080p at 25/50 fps (17 to 35 Mb/s)
1280 x 720p at 25 fps (8 Mb/s)
640 x 360p at 25 fps (3 Mb/s)
|Gamma Curve||Wide DR|
|Still Photo||JPEG: 1920 x 1080|
|Audio Recording||2-Channel 16-Bit 48 kHz LPCM Audio|
4-Channel 16-Bit 48 kHz LPCM Audio
|Video Connectors||1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRRS A/V (Composite) Output|
1 x HDMI Output
|Audio Connectors||2 x 3-Pin XLR Mic/Line Level Input|
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Input
|Other I/O||1 x 2.5 mm LANC Control Input|
1 x USB Mini-B Output
|Screen Resolution||460,000 Dots|
|EVF Display Type||OLED|
|EVF Resolution||1,560,000 Dots|
|Battery Type||Canon BP-8 Series|
|Power Consumption||4.9 W|
|Accessory Mount||1 x Cold Shoe Mount|
|Built-In Light||Yes |
|Dimensions||9.09 x 7.09 x 5.16" / 231 x 180 x 131 mm (With Protrusions)|
|Weight||40 oz / 1135 g|