Canon XA15 Compact Full HD Camcorder with SDI HDMI and Composite Output
- Ex Tax: £1,295.00
- Native 1920 x 1080, 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
- 20x HD Zoom Lens
- Canon Digic DV 4 Image Processor
- Dynamic Image Stabilization
- 3" OLED Touch Panel View Screen
- Manual Camera Controls
- 2 x XLR with Manual/Auto Audio Levels
- SDI, Mini-HDMI, Composite Outputs
- 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Media Card Slots
- Canon Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Sensor
- The XA15 features a 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS Pro Sensor with 2.91MP. The large size of the individual pixels enable a minimum subject illumination of 1.0 lux for shooting in low-light conditions.
- 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- The Canon 20x HD zoom lens provides a zoom range with a 35mm equivalent of 26.8 to 576mm, and features an improved circular iris design providing a more natural look with out-of-focus areas that are smoother and more appealing. Zoom speed can be set to variable, constant (with 16 levels), fast, normal, or slow.
- Digic DV 4 Image Processor
- The DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor works in concert with the sensor to provide images with low noise and rich color depth. The processing power of the Digic DV 4 enables the simultaneous encoding of video to different codecs and bit rates for recording to two separate SD cards at the same time.
- Auto Focus
- Canon Auto Focus (AF) features include natural-looking medium speed, instant, and face detection AF, which can significantly reduce the effort required when shooters need to keep a particular face in focus in a jostling crowd or similar situation.
- Advanced Displays
- Zebra bars selectable between 70 and 100% are available to help you judge exposure.
- The XA15 features peaking and 2x image magnification as focus aids.
- The camera can display and record color bars or color bars with reference tone. The color bars comply with the SMPTE standards. Reference tone levels can be set at -12, -18, or -20 dB.
- 3" OLED Touch Panel View Screen and EVF
- The 3", 1,230,000-dot touch panel view screen enables rapidly moving through and selecting menu settings. The Color EVF is a 0.24 inch with 1,560,000 dots of resolution, and tilts up to 45° to accommodate different shooting positions.
- Manual Camera Control
- The XA15 features selectable manual/automatic control on the camera functions, allowing you to choose the best settings for the situation. Functions include: Exposure, Shutter Speed, Iris, Gain, Exposure Lock, AGC Limit.
- White Balance features six presets (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent H, and Fluorescent), as well as two manual white balance settings. Additionally, when specific adjustment of the color temperature is desired, the color temperature may be adjusted in 100K increments from 2000 to 15,000K.
- The camera's body features five user assignable buttons so you can customize the camera to access features without having to enter the menu system.
- The XA15 features an integrated microphone, and the detachable handle houses two XLR Line/Mic level inputs with +48V phantom power for connecting external mics. The detachable handle also houses the manual audio level controls. A built-in 3.5mm headphone jack with 16 volume settings provides for accurate audio monitoring.
- The XA15 features an SDI output, as well as a mini-HDMI port, and an AV mini terminal for composite video (and audio) via a four-pole 3.5mm mini-jack.
- Media Card Slots
Two SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots are built into the camera, allowing for varied recording options:
- Dual recording: Allows you to simultaneously record the same footage to different media cards using different codecs and bit rates.
- Double-slot recording: Allows you to record simultaneously to each of the two SD memory card slots, providing an instant backup for your footage.
- Relay recording: The XA15 automatically switches video recording from one memory card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
- Infrared Shooting Mode
- Engaging the Infrared (IR) shooting mode moves the IR Cut filter out of the optical path for shooting in extreme low-light conditions. An IR emitter built into the detachable top handle provides an IR source, and the built-in IR diffuser helps prevent IR hot spots on the subject. In IR mode, you can select from the traditional green hued IR image or the default setting, which produces a black and white image.
- Wired Connectivity
- USB: An integrated Hi-Speed USB (mini-B) port allows you to download footage from the memory cards. This port is for output only.
- Remote control port: The camera features a built-in 2.5mm stereo mini-jack for LANC control.
- Detachable Top Handle
- The detachable top handle contains the audio controls and external XLR audio inputs, as well as a tally light, the infrared emitter, and an accessory shoe. You can remove the top handle from the camera to create an even smaller shooting package.
- Additional Features
- Photo capture: The XA15 offers the ability to capture 1920 x 1080 still images. Photos may be captured to an SD memory card during recording, as well as "frame-grabbed" during playback.
- Pre-record: The XA15 continuously buffers approximately three seconds of video in memory. When you begin recording the contents of the buffer memory are added allowing you to capture footage before you press record.
- Intelligent battery system: The XA15 is compatible with Canon's Intelligent lithium-ion batteries, which communicate remaining running time (down to the minute) to the user.
- Language support: The XA15 supports 27 languages: Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Swedish, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Farsi, Thai, Chinese (simplified characters), Chinese (traditional characters), Korean, and Japanese.
|Sensor||1/2.84 inch type HD CMOS Pro|
|Filter||RGB Primary Colour filter (Bayer array)|
|Total pixels||3.09 megapixels (2208 x 1398)|
|Effective pixels per sensor||2.91 megapixels (2136 x 1362)|
|Minimum illumination||"Low Light Mode Approx. 0.1 Lx. Auto Mode (Auto Slow Shutter selected Approx. 1.0Lx"|
|Horizontal Resolution (External via SDI, XA15)||900 TV lines|
|Zoom Ratio||20 x Optical|
|Focal length||3.67 - 73.4mm (35mm equivalent: 28.8 - 576mm)¹|
|Minimum focus distance||"60cm (throughout zoom range); 10mm ( Wide MACRO setting)"|
|ND Filter||Built-in gradation ND filter|
|Zoom control||"Zoom rockers on body and handle; Selectable manual zoom/focus ring on lens; Selectable High Speed and Soft Zoom modes available."|
|Zoom speed||"Zoom Rocker: Variable speed/Fixed speed (Fast/Normal/Slow, 16 speed level settings available in each mode); Grip zoom: Fixed speed (Fast/Normal/Slow, 16 speed level settings available in each mode) Zoom Ring: As operation speed "|
|Focus control||"Manual control via focus ring, automatic (Instant AF, Medium AF, TV AF, Face Detection AF, Face Only AF), Push AF"|
|Iris control||Ring control; Full Auto|
|Aperture range||f1.8 - f16|
|Aperture blades||8 Blade Circular Aperture|
|Image stabilization system||Dynamic IS and Powered IS, 5 Axis image stabilisation|
|Digital zoom/Teleconverter||2 x Tele Converter, x400 Digital Zoom|
|Type||DIGIC DV 4|
|Sampling accuracy||4:2:0 AVCHD/MP4|
|Bit depth||8 bit|
|Exposure metering||"Centre-weighted average metering: In the P, Av, Tv, Cinema, Portrait, Sports, Low Light and IR modes Segment evaluative metering: Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Night modes No metering: Fireworks; Fixed exposure [1/60 sec. (PAL: 1/50 sec.)], M (manual exposure); "|
|Exposure Control Options||"AUTO mode: Smart Auto, Manual mode: P, Tv, Av, M (manual exposure), SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks) Cinema mode: P, Tv, Av, M"|
|Exposure compensation||± 12 steps, Displayed as EV value; 0 EV - ±3.0 EV|
|Auto Exposure mode||Full Auto|
|Push Auto Iris||No|
|Gain Control setting||"Full Auto/AGC Limit/Manual "|
|Auto Gain Control limit||"In manual exposure (P, Av, and Tv modes): 0-24 dB (in 1 dB increments), In the Cinema mode: 0-18 dB (in 1 dB increments), In the Wide DR mode: 6-24 dB (in 1 dB increments)"|
|Gain setting||"During M (manual) shooting: The gain can be set in 1 dB steps from 0 dB to 24 dB. In the cinema mode: The gain can be set in 1 dB steps from 0 dB to 18 dB. When Image Effects is set to “Look” and Wide DR is set, the lowest sensitivity is 6 dB"|
|Control Modes||Full Auto / Manual control (Auto; Speed; Angle; Clear Scan (CS); Slow Shutter (SLS); IR Slow Shutter)|
|Shutter speed||1/6 to 1/2000 depending on frame rate and operating mode|
|Infared shooting mode||YES (green or white)|
|Built-in IR Lamp||YES, in handle unit|
|Stored Configurations||" Cinema standard, Vivid, Dream, Cool, Sepia, Old Movies, Memory Wide DR, Highlight Priority"|
|Storage Medium||SD/SDHC memory card|
|Colour Bars||YES (SMPTE or EBU), with 1KHz Tone (Tone via Audio Menu)|
|Video storage media||"SD Card x 2 |
Dual Format recording, Double slot (simultaneous) recording and Relay (continuous) recording possible."
|Type||SD card Class 4 or higher, Class 6 & 10 recommended for 35Mbps MP4 recording|
|Recording time||" 128GB SD Card:MP4: up to 8 Hours (50P @35Mbps) AVCHD up to 10 hours 10 Minutes )5p @28Mbps"|
|Recording file format||MPEG-4/AVC/H.264|
|Recording format||"AVCHD: 28/24/17/5Mbps MP4: 35/24/17/9/3 Mbps; All modes variable bit rate, 4:2:0 colour sampling"|
|Recording frame rate (PAL)||"AVCHD: 28Mbps 50.00P,1920 x 1080, 24/17Mbps 1920 x 1080 50.00i/PF25 5Mbps 1440 x 1080 50i/PF25 MP4: 35Mbps 1920 x 1080: 50P 24/17Mbps 1920 x 1080:25P 8/4 Mbps 1280 x 720: 25P 3Mbps 640 x 360: 25P "|
|Slow/Fast motion||"YES (MP4 recording Only) 50.00P (35 Mbps) x2 17.5 Mbps 25.00P (24 Mbps or 17 Mbps) x0.5, x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x1200"|
|Frame Record||YES. 2, 6 or 12 frames|
|Pre Record (cache record)||YES (3 seconds)|
|Scan Reverse||YES. Vertical/horizontal/both|
|Recording||16-bit 4ch or 2ch (48 kHz) linear PCM|
|Control||Audio limiter, Auto/manual settings via control dials on handle|
|Microphone level meter||YES|
|Photo storage media||SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card|
|Still quality||"During video recording: 1920 x 1080 in 1920 x 1080 or 1440 x 1080 mode, 1280 x 720; 1280 x 720 mode During playback: 1920x1080"|
|Auto||"New white sampling system FAWB. Settings include auto, set 1, set 2, colour temperature setting and pre-set."|
|Pre-set||"Six presets: [Daylight: approx. 5,400K], [Shade: approx. 8,000 - 8,500K], [Cloudy: approx. 6,500K], [Tungsten (incandescent or halogen bulb): approx. 3,100K], [Fluorescent H (3-wavelength fluorescent): approx. 7,000K], [Fluorescent (white fluorescent): 5,000K]"|
|Colour Temperature Setting||"The colour temperature (Kelvin) setting ranges from 2,000K to 15,000K (in 100K steps). WB cannot be selected in the SCN or AUTO mode. Auto adjustment range: 2,800K - 8,000K"|
|Count up system||Regen, RecRun, Free Run, External, Hold|
|Start value setting||“00:00:00:00”, Set/Reset selectable|
|Type||Capacitive Touch Panel|
|Size||3.0-inch (7.5 cm)|
|Dots||Approx. 460,000 dots|
|Image quality adjustments||Brightness|